<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Chronicles of the Knights Simplar
Looking for Logic on the Liberal Left...this may take awhile

Ancient History

Saturday, September 17, 2005
I just read an interesting post at The Accidental Misanthrope titled Warm Memories of a Cold War. I know precisely what he means by that sentiment, as strange as it may seem to some younger readers. In high school, I took a class on Russian History. It was offered under the belief that the USSR was not going away anytime soon, so we should understand our adversaries. Our teachers should have taken President Reagan more seriously; they would have realized that our attention should have been spent on other matters. I know that we are fortunate enough to have experts in our military who know how to fight our new enemy, I only hope our leaders have the wisdom to let them do their jobs.